Certificate in Exercise & Health Fitness (CEHF)
For those with a passion for health & fitness and a desire to work at what they love
- Become a fitness professional
- Design fitness programs for all levels
- Carry out fitness assessments
- Teach all types of classes
- Work in gym, leisure centre, fitness facility
- Set up your own personal trainer business
- Advance your career up to degree level
- Get a university qualification
- 7 month part time course
- Day and Evening options
- Based in T.U.D. Kevin St, Dublin 2 (formerly DIT)
The Certificate in Exercise & Health Fitness (CEHF) is a university accredited fitness qualification.
- It is awarded by the University of Limerick.
- All students on our Dublin course are registered U.L. students
- The CEHF is a level 6 qualification on the Irish Framework of Qualifications
- It is a level 5 on the European Qualifications Framework EQF 5
- SQF level 5 – the highest industry standard
- Recognised by all of the fitness industry organisations (EREPS, FPI)
- Open to anybody 18 or over
- No experience necessary
- A strong interest in health & fitness desirable
- Normally at least 5 passes in leaving cert or higher qualification
- Course fee of €3125 includes registration with U.L. + tuition and exam fees and course books
- Course fee also includes First Aid Responder course
- Press the enrol now button to start your application
The course consists of nine modules covering a wide variety of topics. The course is very practical in nature. It provides students with the skills to carry out fitness assessments, design exercise programs, teach a variety of classes and group activities as well as the ability to work with individuals of all fitness levels.
Students gain a thorough understanding of fitness and how exercise impacts on peoples’ health. There is also an First Aid Responder course within the syllabus.
- Module 1: Human Movement Studies
- Module 2: Lifestyle, Fitness and Nutrition
- Module 3: Fitness Assessment and Programme Design
- Module 4: Management and Work Placement
- Module 5: First Aid Responder Certifcate
- Module 6: Teaching studio classes (practical)
- Module 7: Strength, Bodybuilding and Conditioning with weights, suspension and kettlebells (practical)
- Module 8: Circuit Training, Bootcamp, H.I.T. and Body Conditioning (practical)
- Module 9: Flexibility Training, active and assisted stretching (practical)
- Module 10: Fitness Applications (practical & written).
In addition to the contact hours, students have work placement and additional study assignments. As part of the course students receive access to the CEHF learning support website. The aim of this interactive website is to support and enhance learning experiences by providing extra tutorials, videos, animations and quizzes on all aspects of the CEHF syllabus.
D.I.T. Kevin St, Dublin 2: The day course is based in a vibrant City Centre College. It has a first rate fitness facility. Students get a unique educational, vocational and commercial experience in this venue. The College is close to St Stephen’s Green, the Luas and Dublin Bus routes. The course takes place on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday each week from 9.30am to 1pm. The course is 7 months in duration. The next course starts 23 September 2019.
The Part-time Evening Course is based in the same venue. The course takes place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 7pm to 10pm and one Saturday (9am-2pm) per month. The next course starts 24 September 2019 and is 7 months in duration.
Students who hold the Certificate in Exercise & Health Fitness (CEHF) can avail of a unique flexible learning pathway and continue their education. This UL/NCEF flexible learning pathway consists of three further qualifications.
Year 2 Higher Certificate in Exercise & Health Fitness. There is a wide choice of specialist modules on the Higher Certificate course allowing graduates to specialise in areas such as pilates, strength & conditioning for sport, spinning, fitness for children or the older adult.
Year 3 Diploma in Exercise & Health Fitness. Students can continue to specialise as a Fitness Professional or focus on tutor training
Year 4 Degree in Exercise & Health Fitness. This is a one year part time course based in U.L. and focuses on management and business development within the fitness industry.
For full details on the pathway see www.ncefinfo.ie .